Are you looking for a workout routine to get fit these days but don’t know where to start? Or maybe you’ve been trying to get into a fitness routine but struggling to stick with it.
Whether a beginner or an experienced exerciser, these seven exercises are a great way to start your day. They’re simple and can be done anywhere, so you can easily fit them into your schedule.
These exercises use your own body weight for resistance. Make sure to do each exercise with proper form to avoid injury.
So, are you ready? First, let’s look at the 7 exercises to do everyday that you can do daily to improve your health and wellbeing.
Swimming is an excellent low-impact exercise that targets all major muscle groups in the body. Swimming can help to boost cardiovascular fitness and mobility.
Swimming is a fantastic exercise in and of itself, or it may be included as part of a recovery day after more strenuous training.
- Find a local pool and sign up for a membership or purchase a day pass.
- Start with some simple laps and then gradually increase the intensity and duration of your swims.
Running is a great way to improve cardiovascular fitness and leg strength. It’s also a great calorie-burner, making it ideal for weight loss.
If you run through the exercises very quickly and simultaneously work for many large muscle groups, you get an aerobic workout that helps burn fat and trim down body weight.
- Start by jogging slowly for a few minutes, then walk to recover. Repeat this cycle until you reach your desired distance or time.
- As you become more comfortable with running, you can increase the length and intensity of your runs.
Planks are great exercises to target the muscles in your core muscles, and planks work, including the abs, obliques, and lower back. They work both your core muscles and lower body muscle at the same time.
Adding the plank exercise to your workout to do every day is a no-brainer since it’s required for any activity.
To-Do a plank
- Get into a push-up position, and then rest your weight on your forearms instead of your hands.
- Keep your body in a straight line from your head to your heels and hold for 30 to 60 seconds.
Crunches are exercises that target the muscles in your abdominal area, including the rectus abdominis and obliques.
To-Do a Crunch:
Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
Place your hands behind your head or crossed in front of your chest.
Slowly lift your shoulders off the ground and curl your upper body towards your knees.
Hold for a count of two, then slowly lower back to the starting position.
Push-ups are excellent exercises for toning the arms, shoulders, chest, and core muscles. They also work the muscles in your legs.
Push-ups can be done anywhere, so they’re perfect for exercises at home or gym with no equipment.
- Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower your body down until your chest is just above the ground.
- Assume a chin-up position and pull-ups should be performed from it.
Burpees are a fantastic body-weight exercise with numerous health benefits. They work all your entire body muscles and burn many calories without the need for any equipment.
To-Do a Burpee:
- Start standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands at your sides.
- Lower your body into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
- Kick your legs back, so you’re in a plank position.
- Do a push-up.
- Jump your feet back to the squat position.
- Stand up and jump into the air with your hands above your head.
- Land lightly on your feet and repeat.
Squats are a very intense workouts that you can perform in the gym. It works your toning the muscles in your legs and glutes. They also work the muscles in your core, back, and arms.
Squats can be done with or without weights. If you’re starting, try doing bodyweight squats.
To-Do a Squat:
- Starting position, stand with your feet, shoulders width apart, and your hands at your sides.
- Lower your body as if you’re going to sit in a chair.
- Hand-to-knee squats work your quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes.
- With your back straight, head up, and feet shoulder width apart, stand up.
- Bend your knees as low as possible while keeping your hands on the outside of your knees.
- Keep your knees over your ankles and push back to the starting position.
Bonus: Extra Exercises that You Can Do Every Day
Yoga is an excellent form of exercise for your whole body and mind. Yoga can help improve your healthy body by flexibility, strength, and balance. Yoga can also help improve your mental health by reducing stress and anxiety. There are many different types of yoga, so there’s sure to be a style that’s perfect for you.
Pilates is a system of exercises designed to improve human body physical strength, flexibility, and posture. Pilates emphasizes controlled, precise movements and deep breathing, which can be adapted to any fitness level. Pilates has many benefits, including improved muscle tone, better posture, increased flexibility, and reduced stress levels.
Cycling is a great way to get some low-impact cardio fitness exercises. It’s perfect for people who want the losing weight and can be done indoors or outdoors. Cycling can help improve your heart health, leg strength, and stamina. Cycling also strengthens your cardiovascular system and can help to improve your mental health.
What Are the Keys to Keeping a Healthy Exercise Program Going?
There are several key things to remember if you want to keep your exercise program going:
1. Set realistic goals and expectations.
2. Find an activity that you enjoy and stick with it.
3. Make sure to warm up before you exercise and cool down afterwards.
5. Be consistent with your workouts and don’t skip too many days in a row.
6. Mix up your routine to avoid boredom and plateauing.
7. Listen to your body and rest when you need to.
8. Get support from family and friends.
9. Hire a certified personal trainer if you need help getting started or staying motivated.
10. Have fun! Exercise should be enjoyable, not a chore.
Following these guidelines will help you create and maintain a healthy exercise program that you can stick with for the long term.
Regular and focused exercise routine is essential to maintain a good fitness level. A workout routine can achieve this. It is also important to focus on other things like a healthy diet and good sleep habits.
So, finding something you enjoy and sticking with it is essential. Set realistic goals, be consistent, and mix up your routine to avoid boredom.
With a little effort, you can make exercise a part of your daily routine and reap the many benefits that come with it. Thank you for reading.